Has your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update? Many users face these Windows 10 update printer issues after updating their operating system. This issue is pertinent in notable printers like HP, Samsung, Brother, Canon, and others. However, if your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update, do not fret and keep reading this article.
In this article we will discuss possible reasons for Windows 10 update printer problems and printer status error Windows 10. Along with that, we will provide Printer troubleshooting methods to solve Windows 10 update printer issues. For any assistance regarding the same, contact us at our helpline number +1-833-486-0565 for immediate support.
We provide remote assistance on all Windows 10 update printer problems. We effectively diagnose the issue and repair & optimize your application. As we provide remote support, you can know why your printer stopped working after windows 10 update and hence, save your time. Our solutions are cost-efficient and our customer care number is available 24/7 for assistance.
Printer stopped working after Windows 10 update – Solve Windows 10 update printer issues +1-833-486-0565
If your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update, then here are some methods to fix the Windows 10 update printer issues. For assistance, contact our Printer support number +1-833-486-0565 for immediate support.
- Restart your printer by unplugging and power cycling–
- This is the first step to take if your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update. This is an effective way to solve most of your printer errors too. Here’s how you restart and power cycle your printer-
Turn your printer off and unplug it.
Wait for 30 seconds and plug your printer back again.
Check your printer to see if it works properly.
- Check your network connection– If you have a wireless printer, then make sure that your wireless connection is working fine. Ensure that your printer is connected to wireless connection and it is turned on.
You will know if your printer is effectively connected after running the printer’s connectivity test.
- Check your USB cable- If your printer is connected to a USB cable, then ensure that your printer is connected to the’ USB cable. Check if your printer is plugged in properly and run a diagnostic test.
Reinstall your printer | Printer Support Number +1-833-486-0565
– Another possible method to fix Windows 10 update printer problems is to uninstall and reinstall your printer.
To uninstall your printer,
- Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- Select the name of your printer and then click on Remove Device.
- Once that is done, reinstall your printer by following the steps as follows-
- Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- Select “Open Printers & Scanners settings.”
- Select “Add a printer or scanner” Your computer will search for the nearby available printers. Once the search is complete and the name of your printer shows up, select it. Click “Add device.”
- In case, you have a wireless printer, this step will easily reinstall your printer and you will be able to use it with Windows 10.
- If you have a printer connected to a USB cable, make sure that it is connected for the reinstall process to be successful.
- Doing this should solve your Windows 10 update printer problems issues.
Update printer driver– Check if you have the latest printer driver installed. If not, update your printer driver.
For assistance with updating your printer driver, contact us at Printer support number toll free +1-833-486-0565 for immediate support.
Run Windows troubleshooter–
If your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update, a helpful way to fix it would be to run the Windows troubleshooter. Windows printer troubleshooter may help you effectively solve Windows 10 update printer problems. For this, follow the following steps-
Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type “Troubleshoot.”
At the top of the search result, you will see the option “Troubleshoot settings.” Click on that.
Once the troubleshoot window appears, go to the “Get Up and running” option and click on Printer and then “Run the troubleshooter.”
Windows will start its diagnosis. Wait for the diagnosis to complete and follow the instructions that appear onscreen to solve Windows 10 update printer problems.
Clear and Reset your printer spooler | Printer Support Number +1-833-486-0565
- Resetting printer spooler is also an effective option to try if your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update. For this, you need to first clear the printer spooler and then restart it.
- Printer spooler are used by Windows to manage all the print jobs being sent to the printer. Follow the steps to reset printer spooler-
- Press your Windows logo in the keyboard. At the same time, press R key.
- In the dialog box that appears, type services.msc and then hit Enter.
- The Services window will appear. In that window, scroll down to the option “Print Spooler” and once you find it, right click on it.
- Select Stop. Don’t close the window right now.
- Once that’s done, press Windows logo in the keyboard and R key, one more time. Press them together.
- In the dialog box that appears, type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and hit Enter.
- Select all the files that are there in the folder and delete them.
- Doing so will clean all your print queues.
- Once done, revisit the Services window that has been kept open and once again go to Print Spooler. This time, double click on it.
- Click Start.
- Go to “Startup Type” and select Automatic. Click Ok.
- Test your printer.
If you need assistance with this, please contact Printer support number +1-833-486-0565
The above-mentioned steps should help you solve your Windows 10 update printer issues effectively. If your printer stopped working after Windows 10 update and you aren’t able to solve it despite trying the above troubleshooting methods, then please contact us Printer support number +1-833-486-0565 for immediate assistance.
Along with update issues, we also help you resolve Printer status error Windows 10 issues, printer driver issues, and other types of printer issues.