Everything brings to a halt when your printer stops printing your documents suddenly. You must be wondering what is wrong with the printer. The HP printer is not printing is one of the common issues nowadays with printers. Sometimes, it seems everything is ok with the printer from the outside but there might be some major reasons behind the technical glitches in printers. You can run a checklist to identify the issue. In this article, if Printer Is Not Printing, we are providing a checklist to identify the common printer errors for your ease.
- Restart the whole system: At first, restart your computer by turn it off and then turn it on again. After restarting the computer, restart your printer and at last, restart your WiFi connection.
- Check all the cables, connections, and power cords: check if all the cables and power cords are connected properly or not. If all cables are connected well and power cords are plugged in then skip to checking the network connection. First, verify your computer and printer are connected to the same network. Then check the network cable you are using for the internet connection. If you are using a wireless internet connection such as an internet dongle, WiFi, and wireless internet modem then reinstall these devices.
- If Printer Is Not Printing Update the printer driver: The printer driver is a software program that enables a connection between your printer and computer without being aware of the technical information of the printer. If you have installed a printer driver make sure the software is updated. If it is not updated then update the software and reinstall it as well if required. To install the printer driver software go to our installing the printer driver page.
- Clear the printer queue: Printer queue is another common printer issue that makes your printer not working. Simply go to the Control Panel and click Devices & Printers. Select your printer and right-click on it. Select See what’s printing. Click Printer and select Open As Administrator. Go to the Printer menu again and select Cancel All Documents this time. At last, confirm your commands by clicking Yes.
Printer Is Not Printing|Call Toll-Free Number +1-833-486-0565
The printer does not print is a common problem for users of HP printers. Printer Is Not Printing, This problem can be due to several reasons, from connectivity issues to faulty configurations or drivers. If you are struggling to find a good solution, you can try the following methods. They can help you solve your HP printer printing problem.
- Perform basic problem solving
- Update printer driver
- Set your printer as default
- Cancel all print jobs
- Verify the printer status
1) Perform basic problem solving
You can solve some problems at first when you find your HP printer stops working. You should check the connection status between your printer and your computer. Make sure that your devices are properly connected to each other and that the network or cable you use to connect these devices is normal.
You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, then plug the cable back in and turn on the printer. See if your printer can print as normally as before.
2) Update or reinstall the printer driver
In many cases, the Printer Is Not Printing, the problem comes from faulty drivers. You may need to update or reinstall the printer driver to solve the problem of your HP printer that does not print.
An easy and credible way to deal with drivers is to use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake when installing it.
You can download and install your drivers using the free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version you only need 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day money-back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and press the Scan now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any driver problems.
- Click the Update button next to your HP printer to download the latest and correct driver for this device. You can also press the Update All button in the lower right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version; you will be prompted to update when you click Update All).if still Printer Is Not Printing now call toll free number +1-833-486-0565
In addition to updating the driver, you can also use Driver Easy to uninstall the driver (Pro is also required). This is especially useful when you want to reinstall the driver of a device.
- Open Driver Easy and select Tools.
- Select Uninstall driver and you will see a list of device drivers. Locate your HP printer driver and then click on the Uninstall button. The driver you select will be removed soon.
3) Set your printer as default
When you try to print something, your computer will automatically assign these print tasks to the default printer unless you choose another one on purpose. Therefore, your HP printer will not do its job if you do not set it as the default printer or select it as a printer for printing.
If you want to set your HP printer as default, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialog box. In this dialog, type “control” and press Enter. This will open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Devices and printers.
- In the Printers section, right-click on your HP printer and then select Set as default printer. Click Yes if prompted.
- Now there is a mark under the icon of your HP printer. That means it is now set as the default printer.
4) Cancel all print jobs
Another possible cause of your HP printer not printing is the stuck print queue. The print queue that contains failed print jobs may stop working normally and cause the printer not to print. You can erase all print jobs so that your HP printer returns to normal.
- Open devices and printers on the control panel. (You can consult steps a and b of the previous method).
- Right-click on your HP printer in the Printers section and select See what is printing.
- Open the Printer menu and then select Open as administrator.
- Open the Printer menu again. This time, select Cancel all documents.
- Confirm your action.
- You have canceled all print jobs of your printer. Now check and see if it can work normally.
5) Verify the printer status
If you have tried the above methods and your HP printer still cannot print, you may need to check for hardware problems in your printer.
Printer Is Not Printing, You must ensure that your HP printer has enough paper, ink, or toner and that it is not jammed in the paper jam. Also, check the status of your printer cartridge and try replacing it with a new one if it is not good enough. In some cases, your HP printer stops printing after replacing its parts. If this happens, you must reinstall the originals and see if the problem is resolved.
if the Printer Is Not Printing, You can also repair your printer. Contact HP customer service for more help or repair or replace your printer.