In the era of technology, we prefer most of the tasks to be done by our mobile devices even the documentation work also. We find printing via mobile devices quite convenient nowadays because we are comfortable with mobile devices as we are playing with video games. Printing from iPad is possible via AirPrint feature but not all printers have this feature.So the question arises here is “How to print from iPad or iPhone without AirPrint feature?”
Today technology is emerging day by day and creating the easiest ways of doing day to day tasks. To print from iPad without AirPrint feature is possible through a third-party app. Though these kinds of printers don’t have the AirPrint they allow wireless printing. There are plenty of apps available to do this job including:
- Printer Pro: This is one of the popular printer apps available in the market enable wireless printing through iPad or iPhone and enables your mobile devices to print without Air Print. The app supports PDF, TXT, HTML, JPG, Safari, Safari web archive, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint formats.
- Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY: This app is popular to print quality photos and best suitable for canon’s inkjet series PIXMA, MAXIFY, and SELPHY.
- HP ePrint: The app is designed by HP and supports most of the document formats such as web pages, email attachments, text files, PDF, Microsoft Office documents, etc.
Apart from these 3 major apps, PrintCentral Pro, Print n Share, Epson iPrint, and Brother iPrint&Scan are some of the other print apps enable to print from mobile devices without AirPrint feature.
How to print from iPad without AirPrint?
- First of all, download your desired printer app and go for the installation process.
- Follow the instructions in order to connect after opening the app.
- Connect your device with Wi-Fi or other internet connection.
- Click the Add Printer and let your device find your wireless printer itself.
- Add your printer by selecting the printer model.
- After adding your printer successfully, check the printer preferences and adjust according to the requirement.
- Now open the file that you want to print and select the PRINT option and choose your printer model then give the Print command.
More and more people choose the iPad instead of the traditional computer because of its portability and performance. However, switching from a desktop computer to a mobile device can cause some problems, printing files from iPad is one of them. AirPrint is the built-in function for iPad users to print files, but when you don’t have printers compatible with AirPrint or AirPrint it doesn’t work, it would be a bit frustrating. With UltData, a simple iPad data management tool, you can print PDF, photos, emails, coupons, iBooks and other documents from iPad without using AirPrint.
- Part 1: How to print documents from iPad to the printer with AirPrint
- Part 2: How to print from iPad without AirPrint printer
Part 1: How to print documents from iPad to the printer with AirPrint
AirPrint was available with iOS 4.2 and is now fully compatible with the iPad with iOS 10.3 / 10.2 / 10/9. You can print from the iPad directly on HP / Epson / Canon / Brother printers.
- Open the file you need to print and click “Share” in the application.
- You will now see the “Print” option, tab in it.
- Select the printer and set the number of copies, click “Print” to print the file quickly.
Some users complained that AirPrint does not print or finds printers after the iOS 10 update, try the following tips to fix this error:
- Make sure your printer is an AirPrint compatible printer and that you are using the same Wi-Fi as your iPad.
- Check the Airplane mode and make sure it is off
- Turn off your iPad and your printer, and then turn it on again
- Turn off your router and modem, wait 30 seconds and turn it on again
- Make sure your iPad is running the latest version of iOS and that your printer has the latest firmware version installed.
- Change the Internet Printing Protocols (IPP) setting from Off to On so that the printer can be found through AirPrint.
Part 2: How to print from iPad without AirPrint printer
If your AirPrint still does not work after checking everything, you may need to try the AirPrint UltData alternative to print from iPad to network printers shared on Windows or Mac without AirPrint.
- Download UltData to your computer, run the program and connect the iPad to the computer, select the type of file you want to print and click “Start Scan” to scan the data on your device.
- Now all the files will be displayed, choose the one you want and click on the “Pinter” icon in the upper right corner.
- Click “Print” to select the printer name, print range and number of copies, and then click “OK” to print the image. You are allowed to preview the file before printing.
By far, he has been able to print clearly from iPad to wireless printers. If you, unfortunately, lost files from the iPad, UltData can recover and print them in seconds. Any other questions about the software or this publication are welcome.