HP devices are the best devices in the market. In this computerized age, everyone is using printers and computers. But sometimes you are working on your device and confront printer offline issue. This kind of issue occurs because of network problems. So if you need any kind of technical help you can directly call us on our HP printer customer support number +1-833-781-6465.
How can I make my printer offline display online again?
Follow each step to make sure you are not missing items to repair your printer offline to online.
Physical printer and cable checks
- Verify that both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked, make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted. If the printer is wireless, verify your Internet connection or make sure it is connected to your router.
- If connected by cable, try using the end of the printer cable on multiple ports or sockets on your device.
- Try using a different cable to make sure that the fault is not just with the cable. If you are on a network or wireless device, a simple check would be to connect a cable to your computer or device to make sure your printer is working. Therefore, the fault could be in your network connection.
How to set the printer to “Online” manually
- Go to the Start icon at the bottom left of your screen, then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer in question and select “See what is printed”.
- In the window that opens, select “Printer” in the menu bar at the top.
- Select “Use printer online” from the drop-down menu.
Removing and reinstalling your printer
- Right-click on the printer from Devices and Printers and select “Remove Device.”
- Now add the printer again by selecting the Add a printer option in Devices and printers.
Another way you can put your printer back online. Follow the steps below:
- To try to put your printer online. Go to “Settings” and then to “Printers.” Right click on the printer and select “Use online printer”.
- Check for print jobs and delete them. Double click on the selected printer.
- Go to “Printer menu” and select “Cancel all documents”.
- If there was a jam or work on the printer that can cause the printer to show an error and disconnect.
- Try printing again to configure the printer online again. Print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
- Find the printer and change it to “printer off” and then turn it on again.
- Check if the printer has a jam that may create an error.
- Check all network connections and wireless connections to make sure all connections work. Restart the device or the computer.
Here are a few things to attempt to recover your printer back online
- Firstly, turn off your printer and then turn it on.
- Now, make sure your printer is connected to the network.
- Now, check the “Use printer offline” setting.
- Make sure your wi-fi settings were not changed.
- Then, use HP print or Scan Doctor.
- Again, reset your default printer driver.
- Then reset the driver configuration in windows.
- Then remove and reinstall the drivers.
- In the last, try to connect the printer with a different computer.
We are trusting that these steps will most likely resolve your printer’s issue. If this method doesn’t help you, you can dial our HP printer helpline number +1-833-781-6465. Get live chat support simply by visiting our Printer Technical Support website which is 24/7 available. We have highly qualified and experienced desktop support engineers who provide you assistance through call, live chat, email, and remote access. You can also visit the allinonePcsupport blog website to get all kinds of technical information.