How to fix “printer is offline” when connected to Mac?
If you are using your Mac device to print your documents, first of all, you are required to check the AirPrint a feature in your device. AirPrint is a feature of Apple’s device which enables printing via Wi-Fi. You are required to connect with a good internet connection. But if your printer shows “printer is offline” when connected to Mac it indicates that the connection is not established between your Mac device and printer. Follow these steps to get out of this “printer is offline” issue:
- Check all cables are connected properly for the network router, computer, and printer.
- Insert enough papers in the paper tray to print properly. Replace the ink cartridge if you see any Low Ink message while printing.
- Click the Apple menu to install available updates and select the Software Update.
- Restart your Apple device by taping on the drop-down button.
- Select the System Preferences and go to the Print & Scan. Choose your printer from the Printer list.
- A document that you want to print open and click Print option from top menu print the document.
We are hoping that these steps will surely resolve your printer’s issue. If this method doesn’t help you, you can try the printer reset method and visit our website https://www.printersupporthelplinenumber.us for further assistance in printer technical issues. Get live chat support simply by visiting our Printer Technical Support website which is 24/7 available. We have highly qualified and experienced desktop support engineers who provide you assistance through call, live chat, email, and remote access. Our technicians use the latest remote access software includes Zendesk, Any desk, etc.